Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I read It's about time to end this war critique written by my colleague Ana. I really like the beginning and I completely agree when she says “WHAT WAR?!” Because those are my thoughts exactly. My colleague states all the correct facts about our American solider casualties and what President Obama is thinking about doing. It is true that we have lost a great deal of American soldiers and it is true that President Obama is thinking about sending more troops over. I think his idea on that subject matter is basically saying if we send over more troops it will help save more of our soldiers in general. But, the question is, how do we know if sending more troops over is the answer? We don’t know, and it looks like President Obama might want to find out.

I like how Ana points out “okay, lets go back home”. This is a great question that many Americans wonder about because even I want to know why we can’t just throw are hands up and say we’re out of here and head home. She made a good point about this question and it is an unanswered question President Obama has yet to answer and it is a question that many people are waiting to hear answers about.

However, I don’t think that we aren’t dropping out because of our pride or because we are cowards. I think we are trying to prove a point by staying over there, but it seems like we are getting slaughtered.

Everyone wants their family members to come home and be safe but if they are sending more troops over there, there is a possibility that the soldiers that were there first will be stuck there for longer until we untangle this mess.

In the end of my colleagues critique I learned something new because I didn’t know how much of our taxes were being used on the war and I found that quite interesting.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this critique because I agreed with it and found it very interesting. The questions that I would’ve liked to know more about is why President Obama doesn’t want to pull out our troops yet and is it going to help if President Obama decides to send over more troops. But besides those two questions I really liked this because we have the same opinions about the “so called war" and you made a lot of good points.

No comments:

Post a Comment